Design Ideas to Revitalise your Bathroom Space
These bathroom ideas showcase some of the best new designs that combine style and elegance with clever storage ideas and exceptional functionality. These schemes will hopefully give plenty of inspiration and ideas so you are able to create your dream bathroom.
CONTEMPORARY AND LUXURIOUS
Create the ultimate retreat with warm colours, minimalist fittings and luxurious surfaces. Introduce a deep, double-ended tub and go for a walk-in shower with a frameless glass screen, if space allows, giving the ultimate feeling of minimal luxury. Choose a concealed style of bath and basin filler for a sleek and smart look. Consider adding shimmering mosaic tiles to give sparkle to the scheme.
- Plan your bathroom design around how you will use the room and always bear this in mind as you select products, whether minimal or more luxurious, as functionality is just as important aesthetics.
- Make the most of the finishing touches – Bring in a design-led look with eye-catching tiling, recessed shelves and incorporated lighting.
- To ensure the bathroom stays clutter free, be sure to maximise your furniture options. Consider a vanity unit under the basin, introduce fitted or freestanding furniture and incorporate extra storage solutions so that toiletries and towels can be hidden away out of sight.
- Walk-in showers with minimally framed glass will help to create a spacious feel.
Great for smaller rooms, this scheme makes the most of the available light and space. Scandinavian design combines simplicity with organic finishes and plenty of wood and white. It’s a modern look that’s easy to maintain and timeless.
- To ensure you bring a touch of Scandinavian charm to your bathroom, avoid clutter and choose natural materials such as wood and stone.
- Furniture made from reclaimed wood works beautifully as it combines a rustic, crafted look with contemporary styling.
- Mirrors are a great way to give the illusion of space. Place a large LED mirror above the basin in order to maximise the light available in the bathroom.
- Add a contemporary element with open-spout basin and bath taps, which create a luxurious spa-like waterfall effect.
Create a modern classic scheme with traditionally styled furniture and contrasting neutral colours. Try grey or navy furniture with neutral walls and eye-catching geometric flooring. Choose industrial-chic accessories to complete the look, such as pendant lighting and soft metallic fixtures.
- A monochrome theme is a classic choice for those who want to update their bathroom and add value to their home. Neutral colours and an uncluttered finish ensure its timeless and appealing.
- Look for hand painted furniture in an on-trend colour such as pale or dark grey or shades of blue.
- Choose smart, white sanitaryware and solid-surface worktops for practical style and a high quality finish.
Consider a country style for your bathroom to add some character that will stand the test of time. Wooden furniture brings texture and a sense of warmth to a room, while stone flooring and accessories enhance the natural luxury of this scheme.
- Wood-effect foil finishes are the perfect solution for bathroom furniture. The texture is very similar to wood but foil wrap ensures there is no risk of water damage, which has been a major barrier to using wood in the past
- Likewise, opt for stone floor tiles that represent the diversity of real limestone. In recent times wood-style tiled floors and paneling has come a long way. They now come in a variety of shapes, sizes and textures, and are fully waterproof, so offers an excellent alternative to traditional tiles.
For a room with wellbeing at its core choose spa-style features and the finest quality fittings to give a luxurious feel. This scheme incorporates soothing qualities by using simple sanitaryware and streamlined, smooth wooden pieces.
- Create an atmosphere of relaxation with the help of low-level lighting.
- A double-ended bath and high- performance shower with wellbeing and spa additions will make it feel extra-special.
- Enhance the sense of space by revealing as much floor area as possible – choose a wall- mounted basin and WC and keep shower enclosures plain and frameless.
- Incorporating natural finishes with light, airing colours gives a hotel like feel to your bathroom. A clean and decluttered space enables ultimate relaxation.
Use bright colours and include pattern on the walls to ring the changes in a neutral room to really make it feel fresh and airy. Swapping plain walls for a vibrant wallpaper or new tiles will make a huge difference to the space. It’s a relatively quick-change option for all styles and sizes of room.
- To create a style that is very unique, incorporate a feature wallpaper, a piece of furniture in a bright colour, or hang up a blind in a striking fabric in the window.
- Make sure you stick to just two or three new colours to keep the effect cohesive.
- If you’re looking to freshen up your current space, consider introducing some brightly coloured accessories, paint a radiator or add a fresh set of towels. These changes are quick, easy and cost effective, but can really make all the difference.